Information for Companies
In the labor market it is becoming more and more important to get to know potential employees before they graduate.
mentorING gives you that chance!
The mentorING program has existed since 2002 and has since then cooperated with more than 60 renowned companies from the greater Munich area. During the program, partner companies have the opportunity to meet talented female junior employees and present their own company at various events. As a result, many partner companies were already able to recruit qualified female graduates.
„mentorING offers me an interesting exchange in a diverse network and is therefore a great enrichment for me.“
- Liv Petersen, Knorr-Bremse Systeme für Schienenfahrzeuge GmbH, Team Leader Friction Application and Product Management
“Empowering people through education and creating career pathways into the technology industry for women is crucial to Intel. At Intel we know that innovation depends on diversity of thought and welcoming all perspectives, and we also know that innovation is instrumental in delivering stronger business growth. To continue our goal to be a workplace of choice for female technical talent, we are investing significant resources to build a diverse and inclusive work environment to attract the talent needed to remain at the forefront of innovation. The TUM MentorING program is strongly linked to our aspiration and brings value to female technical students and our employees, by providing the opportunity to increase their network, build trusted and lasting relationships and ultimately learn from each other.”
- Bernd Holthaus, Intel Deutschland, HR Director Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland
As a partner company of the mentorING program your company has many advantages:
- Send employees from different departments and they will be matched with students of the Technical University of Munich - mentors from partner companies are matched with priority.
- Present your company at an in-house event in your organization, usually associated with an event of the regular program. More information about the different events can be found under „Program“.
- Meet students of the Technical University of Munich and get to know them personally over the course of an entire year.
- Use mentorING in your recruiting activities.
- Employees of your company are supported in their role as mentors through specific seminars and events.
- Participate with human resource managers in the annual application training, where you can get an even better impression of the mentees.